- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c cooked and drained white beans
- 6 c kale, trimmed and sliced into ribbons
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them in a few places with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until soft all the way through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Start the beans and greens about 15 to 20 minutes before the sweet potatoes are done.
- In a wide, deep saucepan with a cover, heat the olive oil over low-moderate heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary sprig, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale, cover the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the kale is soft. Remove the rosemary sprig, stir in the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthwise and push on the ends to open up the middle. Spoon the beans and greens into the center.