This soup is similar to a lot of soup recipes, in that you can swap out ingredients or seasonings for ones that you prefer. You can also make a large batch on the weekend and separate it into containers for healthy, hearty lunches all week.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:30m
For the Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c organic frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can organic white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can organic fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 c canned red enchilada sauce
- 4 c organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- avocado cubes
- chopped cilantro
- diced green onions
- thinly sliced jalapeños
- tortilla strips
- lime wedges
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne to the pot and sauté for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and corn and cook for an two more minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, green chiles, enchilada sauce, and vegetable broth to the pot and mix well. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool a little while you prepare the toppings.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!