It’s rare that people think to use Brussels sprouts as the base for a salad. The common approach to Brussels sprouts is to remove the ends, cut them in half, and roast them in the oven. That’s fine and well, but a cleanse-approved trick is to thinly slice them like shredded cabbage and toss them with both sweet and tart ingredients. This eliminates the subtle bitterness of raw Brussels.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1/2 large orange, juiced and zested
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tsp. raw almond butter
- 2 tsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, ends removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 c raw pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (free of added sugars and preservatives)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into a glass jar and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the vinaigrette from the fridge and pour your desired amount of dressing over the salad. Toss to coat all of the dressing ingredients and serve immediately.