We value the stems of broccoli crowns, even though they are typically discarded. Start grating your broccoli stems because they make beautiful crunchy additions to slaws and salads. Add a few fresh broccoli florets to the slaw for extra crunch!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Slaw
- 1 c shredded broccoli stems
- 1/2 c broccoli florets, thinly sliced
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 c purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 c unsweetened dried cranberries, unsulfured
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1 tsp. raw agave syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- Add all of the slaw ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients and be sure to pour in the olive oil as you whisk. You may not need all of it.
- Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss to coat all of the slaw ingredients. We hope you like it!