As long as you have a powerful high-speed blender or a reliable food processor, it is very easy to make non-dairy yogurt at home. When you make your own yogurt, you control the ingredients, so there’s no funny business or mystery dyes/flavors that are in the recipe. This yogurt is unsweetened and it should be similar in taste to unsweetened Greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 2/3 c raw cashews (soaked in water overnight then drained)
- 1 1/2 c filtered water
- 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 probiotic capsules
- Make sure that you soak the cashews in water overnight. This makes the blending process so much easier.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Make sure to empty the powder from the probiotic capsules so you avoid blending the capsules themselves.
- Pour the cashew yogurt into a bowl and cover with a cheesecloth. It needs to sit in a dark, cool room for at least 12 hours. This helps with the probiotic fermentation.
- Once this step is complete, you can store your yogurt in the fridge and enjoy it cold.
- Top with optional blueberries, dried fruit, or raw nuts when ready to eat.