Pesto is typically cheese-heavy, but we’ve changed the game with this recipe. It still has that fresh garlicky basil flavor without any cheese or olive oil. The cashews offer a buttery texture and a cheesy taste. Plus, they are more affordable than pine nuts!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c fresh basil, loosely packed
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add another 1/4 cup of water if the pesto is too thick.
- Spoon the pesto over some zucchini noodles or use it as a dip for some celery sticks or mini sweet peppers.
- Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to six months.