Shortbread cookies are super easy to make, especially when they only have 4 ingredients like this recipe! They are nice and crunchy, but buttery at the same time.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:45m
- Total Time:55m
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c vegan butter (like Earth Balance)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Add the flour, coconut sugar, and sea salt to a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the vegan butter and mix it up with your fingers. It will be crumbly at first, but it will form into a cookie dough after a few minutes.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll it out to be about 1/2 inch thick. You may have to do this a couple times before you get an even layer of cookie dough.
- Cut the cookie dough into whatever shapes you want and place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You should have about 8-10 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes and remove when they are done. Let them cool for 30 minutes before enjoying them.