Even though it’s colder outside, you can still nourish your soul with warming ingredients. The ginger and cinnamon in this smoothie provide anti-inflammatory properties, but they also help to naturally warm the body. The inherent spice works to improve circulation, helping you feel warmer after eating those foods.
This smoothie also contains a high dose of vitamin C from the oranges, which are best during the colder months. If you can get your hands on Cara Cara oranges, then please do so. They can be a bit pricey, but they are incredibly sweet and more delicious than your average orange.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 4 oranges, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 -inch fresh ginger root, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 c homemade almond milk
- 2 1/2 tsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c ice cubes
- Make sure to remove as much of the pith as you can from each orange before blending. This will help you avoid a bitter taste in your smoothie.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups and serve immediately. If you are feeling fancy, garnish each cup with an orange slice.