You can’t really go wrong when the words “spicy,” “black bean,” and “hummus” are together in one recipe. This is a great transitional recipe if you just finished cleansing and are looking for healthier dip options.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Dips & Spreads, Appetizers & Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 (15oz) can organic sodium-free black beans, drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro (or parsley if you’re a cilantro hater)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until you get a smooth, thick consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. You may need to add more fresh lemon juice.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and eat with carrot and celery sticks. Enjoy!