Some people might not know what kohlrabi is. Well, here’s the rundown: Kohlrabi, which is a fall veggie, is valued in many places around the world because it is versatile and has a boatload nutrients. It is rich in potassium, iron, calcium, and contains B-complex vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, and K. This recipe is a creative and easy entry into the world of kohlrabi, because who doesn’t love fries, right?
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs, stems removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional, but delicious)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- To prepare your kohlrabi for roasting you treat it like a turnip. Cut off all of the leaves, slice off the top and the root ends so it balances nice and flat on your cutting board and slice off all of the outer skin.
- Next you just slice it into roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inch sections and then across each of those sections just as if you were cutting up potatoes for french fries.
- Toss the fries in the olive oil, sea salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder, if you\'re using it.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until they are golden brown and tender.