We bet that you never thought nacho cheese sauce could be raw and vegan. Well, it isn’t exactly for nachos and it isn’t what you think of as cheese. This will open your mind to what you can make on a raw foods diet!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c raw cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- Process all ingredients in a food processor. Use immediately or place in the fridge for a couple hours if you want it to thicken and set a bit.
If you like it super spicy use 90,000 hu ("heat units") cayenne pepper. If you want to cool it down just use less cayenne or use a lower heat unit cayenne.