Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 3 c coconut milk
- 6 3/4 oz of rice sticks (really thin rice noodles) or gluten free rice noodles
- Fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions to garnish
- Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small cuisinart (or mince and mash together in a small bowl). Add the coconut oil and combine everything well.
- In a large pot, heat the curry-coconut paste over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut broth and bring the broth to a boil. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Either place the noodles in the boiling broth, or pour the boiling broth into a bowl of dry noodles and let the soup sit while the noodles cook and soak up the hot broth.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions.