The best salads contain an assortment of different colored vegetables because they supply different phytonutrients and antioxidants. Dressed in a spicy Thai-inspired citrus dressing, this salad is herbaceous and absolutely divine. You can always make the dressing by itself because it’s just that good!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Dressing
- 1/2 Hass avocado
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 -inch piece of raw ginger root, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
For the Salad
- 2 c thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c purple cabbage, shredded
- 3 c romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Add all of the Dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If it is too thick, you can add a little more water.
- Combine the Salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing on the the salad and toss to coat all of the veggies. Serve and enjoy.