- 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple flavored balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix red wine vinegar, maple flavored balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dry mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the red wine vinegar mixture with the spinach and mangos. Top with the toasted almonds.
Summer Berries as alternative
An out of this world salad that will have your dinner guests begging for the recipe. It is also versatile - summer berries are a nice alternative.