What’s the key to a great smoothie? Some say that it has to be packed with protein, while others won’t sip it if it doesn’t contain at least one superfood. Ultimately, the perfect smoothie is a blend of three categories. It has to be wonderfully refreshing, rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals, and the ingredient list should be minimal. The last category isn’t definitive, but fewer ingredients makes it easier when it comes time to blend the smoothie.
This smoothie has a lot of great qualities. You get the healthy fats and protein from the almond butter and avocado. The spinach offers a healthy dose of iron, vitamin K, and magnesium. The best part is that this smoothie is wonderfully nutty and flavorful. Please don’t think it tastes like freshly cut grass because it doesn’t. We have other recipes like that, but that’s not this one. If you like this smoothie and want to have more recipes like it, please let us know in the comments.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 c spinach
- 1 tbsp. raw cashew butter
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is not thick enough, add 1/2 cup of ice cubes and continue blending. You can add more ice if it still is not thick enough.
- Pour into your large cup and enjoy your smoothie.
If you do not have access to raw cashew butter, you can use raw almond butter.