This salad packs a nutritional, flavorful punch, so don’t hesitate to make extra! If you find that you really enjoy the dressing, you can always make more, stow it in a glass, jar, and refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:25m
For the Salad
- 1/2 c dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 c water
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- a pinch or two of sea salt & pepper
- Put the quinoa and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and sea salt and sauté until the chickpeas are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt in the blender and blend to get your desired consistency. It should be thick and creamy. You can add a little water if you need to.
- To assemble the salad, add the baby spinach to a large bowl. Top with the quinoa, chickpeas, tomato chunks, bell peppers, and drizzle with part of the dressing. Toss and add more dressing so everything in the salad is coated. Enjoy!