- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 c crimini (chestnut) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c risotto rice (Arborio)**
- 2 c vegetable bouillon
- 1 c white wine (optional but nice)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional but nice)
- 3 -4 cups fresh baby spinach, washed
- Heat the oil a large frying pan.
- Add the chopped onion and begin to saute.
- When the onions begin to soften, add the sliced mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to mix with the mushroom onion mixture.
- Add the 1 cup of white wine (if not using the wine add 1 more cup of vegetable bouillon).
- Cook until the wine has been absorbed, then add the 1 cup of vegetable bouillon.
- Reduce the heat, and cook stirring until the rice is softened.
- Add the last portion of vegetable bouillon.
- Stir in the parsley and nutritional yeast.
- Continue until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Shortly before serving, add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, gently stir to mix evenly.
- When the spinach has wilted, the meal is ready.
** you can replace the arborio rice with 1 cup pearled barley (7 ounces) for a healthier risotto with less carbs.