Normally, it is popular to use the spiralizer to make zucchini or squash noodles, but you can spiralize an apple too! It is a great way to get the apple really thin, so you can get a little sweetness in every bite of slaw.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c shredded green cabbage
- 2 c shredded red cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple, stem removed
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, agave, sea salt and pepper.
- Spiralize the apple using the noodle blade of the spiralizer. If the spiralizer stops turning, check to see if a seed got stuck in the blade. Using scissors, cut the apple spirals into smaller 6 to 8-inch-long pieces. Transfer to a large bowl along with the cabbage, carrots, and bell peppers.
- Pour over slaw and stir to combine. Eat right away or cover and place in the refrigerator to eat later.