Sometimes, the prettier and more interesting a dish looks, the better it tastes. You see the new and exciting creation, and your mouth starts watering. Your mind races, trying to anticipate what it will taste like, and then you try it and are pleasantly surprised. In fact, the dish tends to taste better than it looks. Well, at least that’s the case for this recipe.
For people who subscribe to a raw vegan diet, salads are a must. Rather than making the same salads over and over again, it’s helpful to change them up. Sure, you can use different leafy greens and ingredients, but what if you scrap the greens completely? Use the spiralizer to your advantage and make something like this beet and carrot noodle salad. The earthy flavors from the carrots and beets pair beautifully with the tangy citrus dressing. If you have multi-colored carrots and beets available to you, feel free to spiralize different ones to create more colors, flavors, and textures. Golden beets, for example, happen to be sweeter than the traditional red ones.
It may surprise you, but raw beets actually have a sweet crunch, similar to that of raw carrots. Use the finer noodle attachment so that your carrot and beet noodles aren’t incredibly thick. You don’t want to be crunching like crazy with every bite you take. Additionally, feel free to cut the noodles to lengths that you prefer. There’s no need to slurp up long vegetable noodles! Otherwise you’ll be chewing for days!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 2 large beets, peeled and spiralized
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- raw walnuts (optional garnish)
- Feel free to use different colored carrots and beets if you have them available to you. If not, regular red beets and orange carrots will do just fine.
- In a large bowl, combine the spiralized carrots and beets and toss gently to combine. Add the parsley to the bowl and then zest and juice the orange over the veggies.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot and beet noodles and then toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.