Chili Lime Sesame Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup, more for sweeter
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- a generous dash of cayenne pepper or red chili powder
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- salt + pepper
- a generous dash of lime zest
For the Salad
- Kale, de-stemmed, chopped
- 1 1/2 c mung bean sprouts
- Sliced Carrots
- Chili Lime Sesame dressing to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- To Sprout Mung Beans at home: Wash and soak the dry Mung Beans for 4-6 hours. Drain, rinse and keep the bowl covered by damp towel. Rinse every 6-8 hours until preferred sprout length. The pictured sprouts are 2 day old.
For the Dressing
- Mix everything under dressing.
- Taste and adjust salt, sweet and spice.
- Let sit for 15 minutes if possible or so for the flavors to all gel together.
For the Salad
- Cook the Mung bean sprouts.
- In a large pan, add a teaspoon of oil and heat on medium. Add the sprouts when the oil is hot, and mix well.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Or you can serve the sprouts raw.
- Massage the Kale in a little olive oil for a few minutes. Or blanch for 2 minutes in hot water. I usually blanch mine. Or use other greens of choice.
- Sear the sliced carrots in a large pan, add 2 teaspoons of oil and heat on high. Add sliced carrots when hot. Cook until some edges are browned. I also cooked up some of the carrot greens with the carrots to serve in the salad.
- In a bowl, add Kale, Sprouts, seared carrots (and optional carrot greens). Add the dressing and toss well. Top with sesame seeds or crushed peanuts.