Once you make this tea, you will never want to go a coffee shop and order a chai tea because that tea will never compare to the rich spice blend of your homemade chai. Most chai blends use flavorings instead of real spices, which comprise this masala chai mix. Let us know how you like it!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 2 tbsp. powdered ginger
- 4 tsp. powdered cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Add all of the spices to a glass jar and mix to combine. Cover the jar and make sure it is airtight to keep the spice blend as fresh as possible. Store the jar in a cool dry place.
- When ready to make your chai tea, brew one cup of rooibos tea and spoon 1 teaspoon of the chai spice mixture into the teacup. Mix well to infuse the spice mix into the tea.
- If you want, you can pour the teaspoon of chai mix into a tea strainer and put that in the teacup with the rooibos tea. This will likely yield less sediment in the bottom of your cup. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Sweeten with stevia or raw agave and enjoy.