Whether you want to believe it or not, summer is right around the corner. One of the best ways to cool down is with a refreshing treat, but you don’t want to intake a lot of calories and sugar in the process. Let us introduce you to one of the best ways to cool down from the inside out: homemade strawberry banana ice cream. All you need is two minutes and four ingredients to whip up a batch of this healthy dessert.
In order to make raw vegan ice cream, there is a very critical first step to follow: freeze the bananas. If you want that creamy consistency that you crave from an ice cream, frozen bananas will take you to the promised land. Make sure to peel your bananas prior to freezing them because removing the peels once they are frozen is a tedious and frustrating endeavor. You can freeze the bananas whole, or you can slice them before freezing. The choice is yours because breaking the frozen bananas into chunks for blending is quite easy. By the way, you need to freeze the strawberries as well.
While you can make this ice cream in a high-speed blender, a food processor is the right tool for the job. The reason for that is because this recipe doesn’t require a lot of liquid. We aren’t making a smoothie bowl, after all! Blitz the ingredients in the processor for about two minutes, or until it is smooth and creamy. You can eat it right away, or you can spoon it into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for an hour before serving. It will keep in a sealed container in the freezer for a few weeks.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen overnight
- 1 c strawberries, tops removed and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Once you finish blending (about two minutes), you can enjoy the ice cream straight away, or you can transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to enjoy.
- When ready, remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to thaw for about five minutes before scooping. Enjoy!