You know how they say to use very ripe, brown bananas for banana bread and other sweet recipes? Yeah, that’s not happening for this recipe. When making a sorbet or ice cream, it is best to use yellow bananas without brown spots. The reason for this is because you don’t want the sweet flavor of brown bananas to overpower the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 yellow banana, peeled, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1 c strawberries, frozen overnight
- Place the frozen banana and strawberries in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- You may need to stop blending and scrape down the sides of the blender/processor once or twice to ensure that everything blends smoothly.
- Spoon the sorbet out of the blender/processor into an airtight container, cover, and place in the freezer for a couple hours to help it firm up.
- Remove from the freezer, spoon into a bowl, and enjoy!