The combination of basil and strawberries sounds strange, but it is a match made in flavor heaven. This isn’t a savory dessert, but it does have an aromatic, herbaceous note from the basil. We recommend getting Thai basil if you can get your hands on it.
One important thing to note is that you need to remove the leaves from the stems. Do not blend the stems into the sorbet because they are very bitter and will create an unpleasant flavor. We hope you like this unique dessert!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 lbs. strawberries, halved and frozen overnight
- 1/3 c raw agave nectar
- 1/2 c loosely packed Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust agave as needed. If the basil is too strong, consider adding more agave.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for about one hour, or until it is firm like a sorbet.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
- You can store it in the freezer in an airtight container. It is best if you eat it within three days.