If you didn’t make this yourself, you might never know that it contained vegetables. Beets are great for helping to naturally detoxify the body. Add the super antioxidants from strawberries and the protein from chia seeds and you have yourself a deliciously nutritious breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1/2 c raw chia seeds
- 2 1/4 c organic, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c strawberries, tops removed
- 1/2 c beets, cubed and steamed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. grade B maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 c strawberries, sliced (for topping)
- Add the chia seeds to a bowl and set aside. Blend the almond milk, strawberries, steamed beets, and vanilla extract in a blender until you have a smooth mixture.
- Slowly pour this mixture into the bowl with the chia seeds. Make sure that you stir as you pour. Place this in the fridge and let it set for about 4-5 hours.
- When you are ready to eat it, add some grade B maple syrup (optional) and some freshly cut strawberries as toppings.