The most common ingredient in a smoothie bowl is frozen banana. The reason for this is because it tends to offer an ice cream of sorbet-like texture. It creates a smooth, luxuriously thick consistency that isn’t watery. For this recipe, we are ditching the banana because the goal is for this smoothie bowl to taste like strawberry cheesecake. In order to do that, we need cashews. Cashews offer a creamy consistency and hint of nuttiness, but they don’t overpower a dish.
It’s very important that you use frozen strawberries, preferably fresh ones that you freeze overnight, for this smoothie bowl. Cashews alone will not get that frozen consistency that you want. Take fresh strawberries and put them in the freezer the night before you want to make this smoothie bowl. Fresh strawberries are excellent sources of antioxidants, polyphenols, and they have a low glycemic index. Additionally, they have anti-inflammatory properties that may benefit cardiovascular health.
Feel free to top this smoothie bowl with toppings that appropriate for the cleanse. The toppings we suggest are chopped raw almonds, chia seeds, and freshly strawberries, sliced. If you have blueberries, flax seeds, or raw walnuts that you want to use, please use them as toppings. The beauty of these recipes is that you can use ingredients that you already have on hand. Customize the toppings and cater the flavors to your liking. Now, grab your food processor and let’s make this smoothie bowl!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Breakfast, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 c strawberries, frozen overnight
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 c raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 c strawberries, sliced
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to ensure that everything is thoroughly blended.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with the toppings we suggest, or with toppings you prefer, so long as they are cleanse approved.