If you want to know what summertime tastes like, enjoy this refreshing cucumber lemonade. It is the exact refreshment you need to cool down while you’re in the sun, or after you’ve been gardening or doing outdoor chores. Trust us when we tell you that is the perfect balance of tart and sweet. Plus, the cucumber sets it off and takes you to another level of hydration.
Have you ever been in a nice hotel or restaurant and they provide you with cucumber water? It’s something special, right? If you have not experienced that, this cucumber lemonade is about to blow your taste buds away. Although cucumber doesn’t have a strong flavor, it has a cooling effect and can help take the edge off of the tart lemon. But the raw agave nectar helps with that as well. We have a suggested amount of agave in this recipe, but you can add more or less to cater to your taste buds. Some people prefer unsweetened lemonade, which is fine, but the natural sweetener helps make the drink more palatable.
It’s important to note that this recipe makes a pitcher of cucumber lemonade. We thought that a larger recipe would be better because you may want to enjoy more than one serving in the intense heat. It’s also a refreshing drink to serve your guests if they come over for a summer barbecue. Plus, it is a non-alcoholic beverage, which is a non-traditional item to have at most barbecues. It’s a break for your liver and a boost for your hydration efforts! And you can enjoy it while cleansing!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 1/4 c freshly made cucumber juice
- 1 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c raw agave nectar
- 4 c filtered water
- In order to make fresh cucumber juice, you can use a juicer, which is a great kitchen tool. If you do not have a juicer, blend cucumber chunks until smooth and then pour the blended mixture through a fine mesh sieve to get the juice.
- Pour the strained cucumber juice into a large pitcher with the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Try your best to dissolve the agave in the liquid before serving.
- Add some optional cucumber and lemon slices to the pitcher and refrigerate for an hour before serving. Serve over ice and enjoy.