Summer brings excessive heat and pesky mosquitos, but it also features an array of stone fruit varieties. Nectarines, plums, peaches, apricots, and cherries are readily available in grocery stores and farmer’s markets all summer. Not to mention, they are the freshest between late May and late September. Get your hands on them before the summer is over. While you’re at it, make this sorbet!
This sorbet calls for three juicy stone fruit varieties: plums, peaches, and nectarines. Some people like to peel these fruits, but you don’t have to for this recipe since everything will be blended. Now, the nectarines and plums offer a wonderfully tart flavor that balances their sweet nature. The teaspoon of lemon juice is just enough to enhance that tartness. You won’t pucker after every spoonful because the agave helps to mellow the subtle sour.
You can make this ice cream two different ways, but it may be easier to use an ice cream maker. Let it churn until you get a lovely sorbet. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can pour the blended stone fruit mixture into a freezer-safe container. Place it in the freezer and stir it around every 45 minutes. The second method takes much longer, but it yields the same flavor no matter how you make it.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 6 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 peaches, pitted and cubed
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cubed
- 2 plums, pitted and cubed
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c raw agave nectar
- Place the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer overnight so that it can be ready by the time you are ready to make this sorbet.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the ice cream maker and pour the blended mixture into the bowl.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and let it go until a smooth sorbet forms.
- Alternatively, you can pour the blended mixture into a freezer-safe container, place in the freezer, and stir every 45 minutes until frozen.
- Scoop with an ice cream spoon and serve in separate bowls. Enjoy!