Almond butter reigns supreme when it comes to nut butters. You get healthy doses of magnesium, protein, and it tastes awesome on almost anything. You can use it as a dip for fresh apples, or spread it on raw crackers for a midday snack. Whichever way you spread it, this homemade almond butter will become a staple in your kitchen. You may need to pulse the almonds longer or add coconut oil or maple syrup to get your desired consistency. If you have an awesome blender like a VitaMix, this nut butter will be ready in no time.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 3 c raw almonds
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. raw unfiltered coconut oil or grade A maple syrup (optional)
- Place the almonds in a food processor to grind for several minutes (about 12-15). If you have a good blender then it may be ready quickly.
- You want to stop every few minutes to push down what accumulates on the sides of the blender.
- Continue to process until you get a nice thick, creamy texture.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of sea salt and blend once again just to incorporate.
- If you want additional flavor- add a tablespoon of coconut oil or maple syrup and mix well.
- Store in a tupperware or mason jar in the fridge for about 6 weeks. (If you add the oils or syrup this will last about 1-2 weeks.)