Apples are best during the fall. In fact, they are one of fall’s most signature produce items, so get your hands on them and start making things like this delicious apple butter. It’s subtly sweet and has that classic fall spice mix.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:2h
- Total Time:2h 5m
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Dips & Spreads, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/8 c water
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized pot over low heat. Cover and cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Apples should reduce and your house should smell like cinnamon heaven.
- Remove from the heat, uncover, and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend it up until you get a smooth, buttery mixture. You can also use a food processor or regular blender for this step.
- Serve your apple butter warm and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.