Jamaican Jerk flavors are replete with fresh herbs and spices. If you are trying to do your own rendition of a jerk sauce, you may forget some crucial ingredients. Now you have this marinade recipe to add a little bit of island flavor to your life.
Photo Credit: Cooking Maniac
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 large onion
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 green onion stalks
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 whole scotch bonnet peppers (1 with seeds)
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 8 pimento seeds
- 1 tbsp. agave
- 2 tbsp. liquid aminos
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the onion, scallions, garlic, and ginger and place them into the food processor or blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor/blender and blend away.
- Blend until you get a chunky mixture that looks similar to salsa.
- Now you have a delicious Jamaican Jerk marinade. You can store it in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.