Turmeric is one of the most medically potent spices in the world. Studies have shown that it can slow the growth of certain cancers, reduces inflammation, and works to boost brain health. It is also beneficial for when the sniffles strike. Keep in mind that this recipe has to sit for a few weeks to be ready for consumption, so we advise always having a batch on tap, ready to go.
Also, there are no measurements because you can make the batch as big or small as you like. For reference, use equal parts garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric, horseradish, and chili. Once you pulse that mixture and add it to a jar, fill the jar with apple cider vinegar and you’re all set.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 10 servings
- Category: Smoothies & Juices
- fresh turmeric root, sliced
- fresh horseradish root
- chili pepper
- onion, chopped
- garlic cloves
- ginger, sliced
- raw apple cider vinegar
- Put equal amounts of turmeric, horseradish chili pepper, onion, garlic, and ginger into a food processor and pulse until thoroughly blended.
- Pour this mixture into a glass jar and pour apple cider vinegar in until it covers the mixture. Seal the jar and place in a cool dark place for about 2-4 weeks. Give it a good shake once a day.
- When your tonic is ready, strain the liquid into another jar through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulpy mixture. You can store the tonic in the fridge or keep it in a cool dark place.
- To consume, drink 1 tablespoon followed by something delicious. You can also mix the Turmeric Tonic with a little raw agave syrup to mellow the intense flavor.