Its anti-inflammatory properties are so powerful, no flu or cold remedy would be complete without it. As winter gets ever-darker and more cold, get this tonic from My Darling Lemon Thyme up and running, so you’ll be ready when sniffles strike. As the instructions indicate, this remedy has to sit for a few weeks, so don’t wait until you need it to make it.
- Category: Smoothies & Juices
- Unfiltered unrefined Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Turmeric
- Fresh Horseradish
- Put equal amounts of onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, horseradish, and chili into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a clean resealable jar and cover with apple cider vinegar. Cover jar with lid and let sit in a cool dark area for 2-4 weeks. Shake your mixture once every day.
- When your Turmeric Tonic is ready it will be “liquid gold”. Strain the liquid and compost the veggies. The Tonic doesn’t need to be refrigerated, but needs to be stored somewhere cool and dark.
- To consume, drink 1 tablespoon followed by something delicious. You can also mix the Turmeric Tonic with a little honey and lukewarm water – some people drink this all year round, as it is known to prevent colds and keep your immune system working at top notch.