Coffee is more than a drink. Brewing a cup of Joe or going to the store to get your morning brew is like a ritual for some people. We like to steer clear of coffee because of how acidic it is, and most people tend to get instant or pesticide filled coffee. Plus, adding dairy or sugary syrups at coffee stores are not conducive to your health. Great options, which don’t give you the hard crash of coffee, include chicory root or any natural coffee substitute. So why is this a superfood elixir? Well, when you combine turmeric, ginger, raw cacao, cayenne, cinnamon, and maca all in one cup, your body gets a lot (and we mean a lot) of health benefits.
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. raw maca powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- natural sweetener of choice (raw coconut sugar, stevia, pure maple syrup)
- splash of any dairy-free milk (unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 c brewed chicory root (or coffee alternative)
- In a coffee mug, combine the cacao, maca, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Pour hot brewed chicory over and stir until combined!
- Add in the vanilla, sweetener, dairy-free milk of choice and stir.