This Thai-inspired soup boasts the classic and vibrant flavors of Thai cuisine, but has the wholesome and comforting sweet potato base we know and love. The creamy soup is delicate and smooth, making every spoonful a treat for your taste buds. If you like your soup less spicy, don’t add as many red pepper flakes. If you added too many red pepper flakes, add a little agave syrup to sweeten the soup.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:35m
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 4 c peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 1 can (14oz) light organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- sea salt to taste
- In a large deep saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook onion, ginger, and ground spices until onion is softened - about 3 mins.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low - cook for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Let cool slightly and puree in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Poor back into saucepan, add lime juice and sea salt (to taste).