How much do you love pickles? If you are a pickle fan then you are going to love having this recipe in your life. There is a long prep time for this, but they are worth the wait!
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 35m
- 2 (32 ounce) jars dill pickles
- 4 c white sugar, divided
- 1/2 c distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp. pickling spice
- Drain pickles and slice them into 1/4-inch pieces. Place the slices a medium bowl with 2 cups of sugar. Stir, cover with plastic wrap, and keep the bowl at room temperature for about 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining sugar, vinegar, water, and pickling spice. Bring to a boil and the quickly remove from the heat. Pour this over the pickles and cover the bowl again, allowing the pickles to stand at room temperature for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Transfer the pickles to glass jars and store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.