This mango chili sauce is something else. It really enhances the flavors of your Asian dishes and goes especially well with some vegan wraps or spring rolls.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- 4 red Thai chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 c water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 mangos, cubed
- 1/2 c agave (more or less to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- Chop and deseed the chillies. You can decide on the amount of heat you want in your sauce by the amount of seeds you leave.
- In a saucepan, place all the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the mango sauce until smooth and all lumps and chillies are blended. Remember it\'s very hot! Don\'t burn yourself! If you don\'t have a stick blender then pour into a blender and blend the mixture.
- OPTIONAL - only if sauce is very runny. Return to heat and return to simmer. Take 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and mix with 2 tablespoons of cold water making a slurry. Add the corn starch slurry to the mango sauce and cook for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Place into a clean sterilized jar, allow to cool and keep refrigerated.