Whether you are looking to meal prep healthy lunches or simply enjoy this recipe at the family dinner table, it will surely impress your taste buds and provide you with essential nutrients. The tahini drizzle completes the recipe, so don’t forget about it!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c tahini
- Preheat your oven to 425º F and wrap each sweet potato in tin foil. Place them in the oven to bake for 30 minutes and then remove them.
- Unwrap the tin foil and cut the sweet potatoes in half. Scoop out some of the potato flesh and reserve for another recipe, or just a snack later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the drained chickpeas in 2 tbsp of olive oil, garlic powder, cumin turmeric, and chili powder. Mix thoroughly so that the chickpeas are coated. Pour them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 425º for 30 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, add the chopped kale to a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, 1 tbsp of olive, and a pinch of sea salt. Massage the kale so that it starts to soften.
- Scoop the kale into the sweet potato boats, place them on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes to wilt the kale.
- Remove the sweet potato boats and chickpeas from the oven. Spoon the chickpeas into the sweet potato boats.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil and tahini together. Drizzle this over the sweet potato boats and enjoy!