Basil leaves do not own a monopoly on pesto. Pesto can be made with a variety of different greens, chard being one of them. Make sure you remove the thick stems before blending the pesto ingredients together.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard leaves, finely chopped and stems removed
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. sliced almonds
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the almonds, in a food processor or blender and pulse until chunky or to desired texture. Garnish with almonds. Serve or place in the fridge until ready to serve as a dip or over raw zucchini noodles.