There is no doubt that mayonnaise is brimming with fat. For many Americans, mayonnaise is a classic condiment and refrigerator staple. It is potentially the best-selling condiment in North America and is popular in everything from dips and tuna salad to dressings and deviled eggs. Some people steer clear of mayonnaise because, when improperly stored, it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Others avoid it because they don’t want to eat a fat bomb.
This avocado mayonnaise doesn’t taste like the real deal; rather, it exhibits a tangy, creamy, and delicious flavor. Is it more tasty than the original condiment? That is only a question that you can answer after you try it. You can spread it on a sandwich if you are a vegan or you can use it as a dip as a raw vegan. The combination of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar may cause your lips to pucker, but in a great way. That’s why it pairs beautifully with sweeter produce items like tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers.
When it comes to making this avocado mayo, you can either use a food processor or immersion blender. If you use a food processor, you may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to fully incorporate all of the ingredients. An immersion blender is also an excellent tool for the job. With that tool, add all of the ingredients to a large jar and blend with the immersion blender until smooth and creamy. No matter which preparation method you choose, make sure to taste the final product and season accordingly.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can add the ingredients to a large jar and use an immersion blender to blend until creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If you want the mayo a little creamier, add a touch more lemon juice or a splash of water.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge and consuming within three days.