This is a very unique way to make carrots because the spice blend is rich and packs some heat. The caramelized onion add another dimension of flavor and you keep coming back for more. We hope you like it!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 lbs carrots, julienned
- 1/2 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (you can add more if you like)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/8 c extra virgin olive oil
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl, except for the onions and olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Warm the olive oil until it is almost smoking in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and cook until they are just starting to brown. Remove from the heat.
- Slowly pour the oil and onions into the carrot bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust your seasoning if necessary.
- For optimal taste, it is recommended to let the flavors marinate in the spices for 4-6 hours. You don't have to do this. It is an optional step.