Is gravy the undisputed champion of condiments during the holidays? Dare we say that there isn’t a contender? Yes, we dare, especially in regards to this easy gravy recipe. We know you may be hesitant because it’s vegan, but it’s more than meets your taste buds.
So many vegan gravy recipes contain mushrooms, but this recipe focuses on simple flavors. Not only is it inexpensive and savory, but it’s also creamy, smooth, and delicious. Make it for your family during the holiday season and let us know how people respond to the scrumptious flavors.
- 2 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium, stirring with a whisk for a couple minutes as it thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve with mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes, or whatever other holiday favorite you cook up.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.