The vegetable spiralizer is one of the best kitchen tools because it makes ordinary food fun and interesting.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. raw sesame oil
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 tsp. liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
For the Salad
- 2 large cucumbers (extra wide)
- 1 large carrot
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 1/4 c raw pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 c loosely packed cilantro leaves
- raw sesame seeds for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- In a food processor, blend together sesame oil, dates, garlic, water, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, liquid aminos, mustard seed, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Pour Thai dressing into a jar and set aside. Makes just under 1/2 cup dressing.
- For salad, spiralize cucumber noodles with a vegetable spiralizer. Arrange cucumber noodles on plates. This will make 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
- Make carrot ribbons with a vegetable peeler, divide carrot ribbons among plates.
- Top each cucumber salad with a drizzle of Thai dressing.
- Top each salad with pomegranate seeds, fresh cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve each salad with a lime wedge.