This green detox soup is great for anyone who wants to boost immune function, improve digestion, or promote detoxification. There are only five simple ingredients, but they are incredibly nutritious. Celery is the new “it” food at the moment because it helps lower blood pressure, encourage digestion, reduce stress, and aid with weight loss.
The fact that this soup is green means that is contains a lot of folate, which is the non-synthesized version of folic acid. Folate is beneficial for brain health, heart health, fetal development, and the production of red blood cells. We hope you enjoy this soup!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 lb green beans, washed and ends removed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 4 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- Add all of the ingredients to a large stockpot over. medium-high heat.
- Once the stock comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. The vegetables should be tender.
- Uncover the pot and use an immersion blender to puree all of the ingredients. If you do not have an immersion blender, pour the soup into a regular blender in batches, blend the batches, and then pour them into another pot until ready to serve.
- Ladle the soup into separate bowls and serve with optional red pepper flakes and freshly chopped herbs.