Whether you are engaging in moderate exercise to high-intensity circuits, you will lose sweat. In addition to losing water when you sweat, you also lose calcium, potassium, sodium, and chloride, which are essential electrolytes. You must replenish electrolytes in order to assist with muscle and nerve recovery post workout. This drink is much better than those sugary, bottled electrolyte drinks that don’t do anything for the body.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 3 c filtered water
- 2 c fresh coconut water (from young Thai coconuts)
- 1/2 c freshly juiced beet juice
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pitcher and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into wide-mouthed Mason jars, screw on the tops, and refrigerate until you are ready to drink.
- Add some pizzaz to your drink by throwing in some fresh lemon slices and ice cubes when you are ready to drink each one.