Even if you don’t have the sniffles, this is a comforting soup that is perfect for any chilly evening. This vegan soup is rich in protein because it contains one of the best plant-based protein sources: lentils. It may be one of the best soups you make during the fall and winter. Slurp to your health!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:40m
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (plus 3.5 cups water divided)
- 1 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1 c carrot, diced
- 1 c celery, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 c dried red lentils
- 3 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1.5 tbsp of water, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, paprika, curry powder, sea salt, thyme, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cover to cook for about seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies are cooking, rinse the lentils. Add them to the pot after those initial seven minutes of cooking and add the remaining water and vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a low heat. Cover the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the rosemary to the pot and simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve and enjoy.