This vegan cornbread is light, fluffy, easy to make, and it can be made gluten-free (we have made it gluten-free in this recipe). Try it out and let us know how you liked it.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:30m
- 6 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, melted
- 1 1/2 c yellow cornmeal
- 1 c gluten-free flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/8 c unsweetened organic almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 8\"x8\" square pan with some coconut oil.
- Whisk the cornmeal, gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the applesauce, vegan buttery spread, and the almond milk. Continue to whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven when it is done and then enjoy! Drizzle some grade A maple syrup on for a little sweetness.