If you wish you could enjoy cookies guilt-free, then you need this recipe in your life. The combination of spices makes every bite full of robust, gingery goodness.
- 2 c white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, baking soda, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil and sugar for 1-2 minutes. Then whisk in the molasses, applesauce, and almond milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix until a dough forms. You can add a little flour (not too much!) if the dough is sticky.
- Start kneading your dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth. Cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the dough from the fridge and knead it a few times on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out until it is 1/4 inch thick and use whatever cookie cutters you want to cut shapes. You can also just form little balls of dough if you just want round cookies.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes.