Leave the butter and eggs in the fridge because you won’t be needing them for this recipe. This pumpkin bread is 100% vegan and brims with flavor. Each bite is soft, moist, and straight up delicious. Plus, it is pumpkin bread, which is the perfect dessert during the fall season. And the best part is that it is not overpowering or loaded with sugar.
A common question about pumpkin bread, or pumpkin desserts, is whether or not you want to use fresh or canned pumpkin. You just have to keep an eye out when you purchase canned pumpkin. You don’t want pumpkin pie filling because that is loaded with preservatives, sugars, and unhealthy fats. When you purchase 100% pumpkin puree in a can, the only ingredient should be pumpkin. This type of pumpkin can be thicker and more dense than fresh pumpkin puree you make yourself. You can make your own pumpkin puree by clicking here, if you so choose.
Pumpkin bread is very easy to make because once you mix everything in a bowl, you pour it into a loaf pan, bake, and then remove when done baking. When you whisk the ingredients together, make sure that there are no lumps. You want a smooth consistency in the dough in order to have the best pumpkin bread ever.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:45m
- Total Time:55m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Category: Desserts, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 c 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and generously spray the loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. You can also rub it down with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and water, mixing well to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients. Don\'t over mix, but make sure to mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 45-55 minutes. When you stick a toothpick into the bread, it should come out clean. Test around the 45-minute mart.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Just be gentle when slicing because it is a beautiful piece of bread!