Starting your day with a smoothie bowl is a great idea for the day after Thanksgiving. Eating leftover dessert only packs on more carbs and added sugars, which are not conducive to your health. Get back on track with this smoothie bowl!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 bananas, frozen overnight
- 1/2 c raw hazelnuts
- Banana slices, chopped hazelnuts, and raw cocao nibs to top (optional)
- sliced pineapple or other fruit of choice to top (optional)
- Soak the hazelnuts in 1 cup of water overnight. In the morning, drain the water and set aside.
- Add the hazelnuts and the rest of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until you get a slightly thick consistency. You are eating this with a spoon, so it doesn't have to be easy to drink.
- Cut up the toppings of your choice (make sure they are cleanse approved) to top your smoothie bowl.