Pumpkins don’t go out of style the minute halloween is over; we actually think they get more popular with the amazing winter squash varieties. If you plan on cooking with sweet baby pumpkins, don’t discard the seeds because you can clean them for roasting. You can make a pumpkin soup for dinner and have roasted pumpkin seeds as a healthy snack for the next day.
- Prep Time:45m
- Cook Time:40m
- Total Time:1h 25m
- 2 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After scraping the seeds out of the pumpkin, make sure to wash and clean the seeds, removing the stringy unwanted pumpkin flesh from them.
- Once they are clean, soak the seeds in a bowl of water for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Drain the seeds and discard the soaking water. Fill a large pot with about 6 cups of water and a dash of salt, and bring this to a boil. Dump the seeds in the boiling water and let them boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the seeds from the bowling water and then scatter them onto the baking sheet, which is lined with parchment paper. Season with sea salt, pepper, paprika, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the seeds in the oil and spices and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, mixing up every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove the seeds from the oven and allow them to cool. Store them in an airtight container and enjoy.